October Is National Animal Safety and Protection Month in Winter Garden, Florida
Why Is There A National Animal Safety and Protection Month? October is dedicated to educating and reminding folks of the ethical and kind treatment of animals of all sorts, from domestic pets to wild animals. They are all part of an ecosystem that serves us every day.
What Your Pet Wants You to Know
- Pick the right pet for you. The best fit is when it's right for both of you. Understand the inherent issues of the breed, its temperament, and its exercise needs before you choose a pet.
- Get regular check-ups for your pet. It's important to see your veterinarian on a regular basis. Just as in humans, the earlier a problem is detected, the better the chances it can be slowed down or reversed.
- Pet-proof your house. Keep poisonous plants, sprays, and foods away from your pets.
- Identify your pet. Make sure to get tags and microchips in case your pets are ever lost.
- Plan an escape. In case of any disaster, have a well-thought-out plan to take your pets with you.
For Non-Pet Owners
There are ways for those who don't own pets to still have an impact on the animal world. Here are just a few ideas:
- Visit and support your local zoo. The animals are there to teach us about habits and habitats. It's a great learning outing for children and grandchildren.
- Volunteer at your local animal shelter. The animals need feeding, cleaning, exercising, loving. The shelters need food donations and other care-taking supplies.
- Adopt or foster a pet. If you can, you should consider adopting a pet. If you need a shorter-term commitment, consider being a pet foster.
- Contribute to a wildlife organization. Animal rescue organizations, animal welfare, and wildlife conservations are among the many nonprofits dependent on your actions and contributions.
Human and animal coexistence needs to be respected and celebrated. How do you practice that in your everyday life?
Contact Winter Garden Animal Hospital for More Information
Call our Winter Garden Animal Hospital staff today at 407-656-4132 to find out all the ways we can help protect your pet. We are conveniently located at 13092 W Colonial Drive, Winter Garden, Florida.